Sunday, May 29, 2016

Book Review | The Raven King by Maggie Stievfater

The Raven King (Raven Cycle #4)
By: Maggie Stiefvater (@mstievfater)
Published By: Scholastic on April 26, 2016
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 438
Goodreads // Book Depository


Nothing living is safe. Nothing dead is to be trusted.

For years, Gansey has been on a quest to find a lost king. One by one, he’s drawn others into this quest: Ronan, who steals from dreams; Adam, whose life is no longer his own; Noah, whose life is no longer a lie; and Blue, who loves Gansey…and is certain she is destined to kill him.

Now the endgame has begun. Dreams and nightmares are converging. Love and loss are inseparable. And the quest refuses to be pinned to a path.

"What a strange constellation they all were."

It took me three tries to finish The Raven Boys. Thank god I was bored out of my wits that day and just needed a book to read, because otherwise, it would've never been read. The Raven Cycle is just one of those incredible series in which the first few books in it are confusing, but the finale is just a masterpiece, weaving all those loose ends back together.

I missed the characters so much. Before the book came out, I spent a lot of time going through edits and rereading, and it made me realize how much I loved this series. Blue and Gansey and Ronan and Adam and Noah just make me so happy inside. And can we talk about the ships?!?!?! My heart literally exploded and I had to shut the book to prevent myself from crying during the middle of an English class. 

That epilogue, ugh, I just wanted more! The first three, I was more like, "That was good." and I wasn't as invested. In this book, Maggie Stievfater's impressive foreshadowing skills were just astounding. Finales always scare me, because they're just not enough most of the time. I was super scared for this one, because I wasn't ready to let go. Thankfully, Stievfater tied up (most of) the loose ends and satisfied me (mostly) (but pynchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh). 

The blurb doesn't do the book justice at. ALL. If I were to tell you three things about it to get you to read it, they would be: psychics, welch king, and prep school boys. Those things sound vague and confusing, but believe me. If you haven't hopped onto the Raven Cycle bandwagon, you're seriously missing out. Do me a favor, and just pick it up.


Let's discuss! What did you think about The Raven King? Are you absolute TRC trash (yet)?

Final Rating: 

❄❄❄❄

No comments:

Post a Comment