Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Graphics 101 | Canva


Graphics 101 is a new feature I'm starting on my blog. I'll go over how to make graphics on free websites, such as PicMonkey, Canva, and Fotor!  

Lately, I've been using Canva to make my graphics, and I'm really enjoying them. First, Canva is a free website, which automatically makes it 10x better, and another thing is that it even works on my crappy laptop! Here are some examples of graphics made using Canva: 


I typically use the layout for each category, i.e. the Real Estate in the City for my review headers! I'll be leading you step by step on how to create awesome graphics!

First, you need to create an account, and they do send some really annoying emails, so I'd advise using a 10 minute email. Once you've created your account, it'll look something like this:


Well, mine looks like that because I've already made a couple. What I typically do is go to more, and then scroll down a little to Blogging & eBooks and click on Blog Title


For this example, I'm making a header for a book review I'll be doing soon (hopefully) on Angelfall by Susan Ee. After clicking on Blog Title, it should bring up a page that looks like this: 

 
On the side are your layouts, as well as your text and background choices and uploads. I wouldn't advise using the backgrounds because most of those need money. The layouts with free written on the side are the free ones, but if you want to purchase more, you can. I personally think that the free ones are sufficient enough. Scroll around and find a layout you like!
 

For my book review, I typically use Real Estate in the City, because it has that large box in the middle where I write all the information. 

  
Here, I am adding the title of the book, the author, and of course, my watermark. On the left hand side, it says TEXT, and you can add more text if you don't have enough text boxes in your layout. 

After you finish adjusting the text, you can go over to the UPLOADS tab on the right hand side. What I really like about Canva is that all the things you've ever uploaded are there. You can add a picture to the background by just dragging and dropping and adjusting if needed! If you look at the previous picture, the box around the text was originally blue, but since that's not an easy color to see black text on, I clicked on the box, and up appeared the design controls. I clicked on the circle with color, and selected white. Next to that on the right side is a drop down menu. This is extremely convenient because it lets you make it more transparent, so you can still see the image in the background.


After you're satisfied with everything, go to the upper right corner and click on download. I'd advise saving as a JPG because it takes up less space and is also pretty nice quality! Save your creation and upload it to your blog! 

And here is the final product: 


I hope you enjoyed this segment on my blog! If you have any questions, please comment down below and I'll be sure to answer your question ASAP! 

Thanks so much for reading this, guys. It made my day <3

~Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment