Thursday, May 28, 2015

Book Review | The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Boys #2)

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Page Number: 439
Genre: Fantasy/Paranormal
Publication Date: September 17, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads: 
If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?

Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps form others. Some he keeps from himself.

One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.

And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.

Ronan is one of the raven boys—a group of friends, practically brothers, searching for a dead king named Glendower, who they think is hidden somewhere in the hills by their elite private school, Aglionby Academy. The path to Glendower has long lived as an undercurrent beneath town. But now, like Ronan's secrets, it is beginning to rise to the surface—changing everything in its wake.

Of The Raven Boys, Entertainment Weekly wrote, "Maggie Stiefvater's can't-put-it-down paranormal adventure will leave you clamoring for book two." Now the second book is here, with the same wild imagination, dark romance, and heart-stopping twists that only Maggie Stiefvater can conjure.

My Review:
This review will be pretty short, because this is the second installment in a series and I don't want to spoil anything.
I loved The Raven Boys. Let me just.
I wasn't one of those people who adored Ronan in The Raven Boys. To be honest, he was a bad boy, but he was a bit too much of a bad boy. He was like, insane. No offense. I preferred the classy Gansey, if you know what I mean.
But I picked up The Dream Thieves. And now I admire Maggie Stiefvater even more. 
The Dream Thieves focused on Ronan's past, and it was really interesting, and now I just love Ronan just as much as Gansey. 
Remember I said I liked Adam? WELL NOW.
Adam: *says something annoying*
Me: SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.
Adam: *says something not annoying*
Me: URGHHHHHH SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.
Dude, I don't even know, but that thing at the end of the first book ;) made me reconsider if I actually liked Adam. EVERY SINGLE THING HE SAID, I just wanted to yell at him to shut up.
But. 
I used to either love a character for an entire series, or hate a character.
Maggie Stiefvater changed that. 
The plot was just as mysterious and entertaining, and I loved all of it. Heart warming, discovering, amazing, incredible, wow. 
Go read this series, now. Please?

Final Rating: 

❄❄❄❄

~Beatrice

No comments:

Post a Comment