Monday, March 16, 2015

Throwback Review Tuesday | Legend by Marie Lu


Legend (Legend, #1)


Legend (Legend #1)

Author: Marie Lu
Publisher: Putnam Juvenille
Page Number: 305
Genre: Dystopian
Publication Date: April 29, 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads: 
From different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths...

Until June's brother is murdered, and Day becomes the prime suspect.

In a shocking turn of events, the two uncover what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths to which their country will go to keep its secrets.







My Review:
This is a throwback review, and I love all the throwback books I review. They're my absolute favorites. 
I loved Legend the moment I read the blurb.
Okay, maybe not that dramatic.
I picked up this book, judging it by the cover. I was interested in this book; it sounded pretty interesting and I had heard great things about it.
And I was right.
I dove into this book during class, got it taken away, got it back, and stayed up until what, 11 reading this book. 
It was worth it.
Both June and Day are role-models to me. They develop immensely in this trilogy.
June is the smartest, most badass, awesome character since Hermione Granger and Annabeth Chase.
In this book, I got the Hermione I was missing in previous dystopians I was reading.
She kicks so much ass, it's crazy.
And Day. Day is my motivation. My motivation to keep going through the day. 
He's gone through so much, and he just keeps on going.
"Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again. You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time."
How amazing and motivating is that?
I love Marie Lu's writing. It's so simplistic, but descriptive and gorgeous at the same time. 
This book is my dystopian soul. I love this book. It brought me to tears, which never happens. 

Final Rating: 



~Beatrice


No comments:

Post a Comment