Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Book Review | 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith

100 Sideways Miles

100 Sideways Miles

Author: Andrew Smith
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Page Number: 277
Genre: Contemporary
Publication Date: September 2, 2014
Synopsis from Goodreads: 
Finn Easton sees the world through miles instead of minutes. It’s how he makes sense of the world, and how he tries to convince himself that he’s a real boy and not just a character in his father’s bestselling cult-classic book. Finn has two things going for him: his best friend, the possibly-insane-but-definitely-excellent Cade Hernandez, and Julia Bishop, the first girl he’s ever loved.

Then Julia moves away, and Finn is heartbroken. Feeling restless and trapped in the book, Finn embarks on a road trip with Cade to visit their college of choice in Oklahoma. When an unexpected accident happens and the boys become unlikely heroes, they take an eye-opening detour away from everything they thought they had planned—and learn how to write their own destiny.


My Review:
Wow. Wow. I think Andrew Smith might be my favorite contemporary author.
I had started to think that contemporaries were bad, after my disaster that you all know with John Green. But Andrew Smith's writing is amazing. I loved this so much.
The first thing is his CHARACTERS. Unlike Green's characters, these characters were believable. I could imagine Finn, this high school kid going through weird things, and Cade was just so hilarious. 
Smith's humor actually made since, and I was laughing my head off this whole book.  
Gorgeous writing. Full of witty phrases, hilarious dialogue, this book was amazing.
The love was sort of insta-love, I'll say that. But I just love the way it was presented in this book, in a so cliche but so cutesy way, I just wanted to squeal. 
The trip they take is so...weird. You get to really see what's happening in both Cade and Finn's heads.
Hilarious, sarcastic, and sweet, I'd definitely recommend this book.
I just can't wait to see what Winger is like, this book already impressed me a ton, and apparently Winger is better? 
Anyways....

Final Rating: 

❄❄❄❄❄

~Beatrice


No comments:

Post a Comment