Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Book Review | Looking for Alaska by John Green

Looking for Alaska

Looking for Alaska

Author: John Green
Publisher: Speak
Page Number: 221
Genre: Contemporary
Publication Date: December 28, 2006
Synopsis from Goodreads: 
Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

After. Nothing is ever the same.


My Review:
THIS REVIEW HAS MILD SPOILERS. 
Okay, before I get onto the review, I'd like to say some things. These are MY opinions, so if you don't agree, then you don't. I'm not to express my absolute hatred for this book, I just want to express my thoughts on this book. However, if you are an absolute die-hard John Green fan, and this is your, like, FAV BOOK EVER, then don't keep reading. There will be some negative thoughts to this book. Thanks. :) SMILEYS! :)
I tried this book. I gave it a chance. This book let me down. I was reluctant to read this book, because it had thoughts on suicide, drugs, and other bad things, and personally, those are the reasons why I don't read many contemporaries these days. I also hate reality.  Anyways, Alaska was all of those things. She was throwing her life away. We never got an explanation. Never. Also, Alaska got on my nerves. I hated her. She drove me absolute nuts. I don't even know WHY. I just know I hated her. 
The romance in this book was non-existent. Alaska didn't even love Pudge. He was just a guy, a random guy that she wanted to play.
The plot was not there, the writing was dirty, I hated the characters, and the whole premise itself.
ALSO, YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE THE F-WORD 12 TIMES WITHIN 2 PAGES OF A BOOK. Jeez.
I'm sorry, John, but I really disliked this book.

Final Rating: 

~Beatrice


No comments:

Post a Comment