Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Book Review | The Archived by Victoria Schwab


The Archived (The Archived, #1)

The Archived (The Archived #1)

Author: Victoria Schwab
Publisher: Hyperion
Page Number: 328
Genre: Supernatural Thriller 
Publication Date: January 22, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads: 
The dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life in pictures only Librarians can read. The dead, called 'Histories', rest in the Archive.

Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often—violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a tool for staying alive.

Being a Keeper is dangerous and a constant reminder of those she lost, Da and her little brother. Mac wonders about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. Yet someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.


My Review:
Holy schist. (lol dam percy jackson reference) This book is amazing. It took me a long time to get into, but that was probably 'cause I was reading other awesome stuff. The ending totally made up for it, though. I was racing through the pages. I think I might have gotten a few lot of paper cuts!
Let's talk characters. Mackenzie Bishop is an interesting main character. She's really good at lying; I wish I had her lying skills. Her loyalty is admirable, she really loves her Da and brother, Ben. It's a wonder her parents gave birth to her, as they are nothing alike. That's what makes her special. She's really curious, and wants to know stuff. LIKE ME. #twins #lolno. She's defintely one to stand up and work hard like a HUFFLEPUFF! Also, her kickbottes In French, "bottes" means boots, but it sounds like "butt" when you say it. Swaggety awesome French teacher. :)-ness is incredible. She really kicks some bottes in the ending.Yeah...I LIKE HER. GOOD MAIN CHARACTER.
Wesley, or Wes, is cool-o. He's like emo, like some sort of goth dude or what not. He's really sweet, brave, and just plain weird and awesome. I'd like to learn more about him, though... I can't go on...or spoilers will come. Guyliner though... ^^
The Archived. It was certainly interesting, with the dead souls, ya know? It was intriguing, and mysterious, and I'm definitely checking out her other books if they share the same qualities. The dead souls explanation was a bit confusing, but I enjoyed it! I definitely enjoyed it!
Victoria Roth. Victoria SCHWAB ...I really liked her writing style, for some strange reason. It was mysterious, with sneak peeks from Mac's past with Ben and Da, which I really liked. She has this really smooth and descriptive writing style...that I feel like is missing these days. So that's good. 
FINALLY HER FREAKING PLOT TWISTS. MY HAIR WAS MESSER AFTER READING THIS THEN WAKING UP IN THIS MORNING. When I get so distressed, I start pulling hair. Don't judge me. You probably already are.  ANYWAYS. Yeah. Be prepared for plot twists

Final Rating: 

❄❄

~Beatrice


No comments:

Post a Comment